Information resources for COVID-19
Government of Canada & Public Health Services – CLICK HERE
Ministry of Labour – CLICK HERE
COVID-19 Articles – CLICK HERE
Effective March 27, 2020, the validity period of Working at Heights training for workers who successfully completed an approved program between February 28, 2017 and August 31, 2017 has been temporarily extended. The validity period has been extended to four (4) years from the current three (3) years.
What is 4S doing for businesses to help during COVID-19?
1) COVID-19 Online Training Modules
4S Consulting has developed the following complimentary training modules to provide guidelines that will help employers and their workforce navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic:
- COVID-19 Awareness Training for Employers
- COVID-19 Awareness Training for Employees
- COVID-19 Awareness Training – Construction Sector
- COVID-19 Awareness Training – Industrial Sector
- COVID-19 Awareness Training – Skilled Trades and Technical Services Sector
CLICK HERE to know more
Here’s how you can get started with any of the above complimentary online training modules:
For existing 4S clients:
Please contact your 4S Project Coordinator or Project Manager
Send an inquiry email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For other Canadian businesses:
To self-register and follow the 4Steps mentioned below:
STEP 1 – Register online as an employer
Click Here and fill out your Employer Registration mandatory information.
STEP 2 – Choose your sector
Choose your sector from the drop down list & click on submit.
STEP 3 – Share the employer code with your team
After you complete your registration, you will receive an Employer Code that will be sent to the email you used for registration. This email will need to be shared with your employees for User Registration in STEP 4. You will also be receiving another email with self-registration instructions that you will need to share with your employees and subcontractors.
STEP 4 – Employees’ user registration
Ask your employees to CLICK HERE and fill out the required information in the User Registration tab to sign up for the COVID-19 training. They will need to enter the Employer Code you sent them by email to complete the registration.
That’s it! You are done with self-registration.
- Once your employees complete STEP 4, 4SafeCom™ will automatically direct them to the assigned training
- They will need to take the training and acknowledge it at the end
In case you are experiencing any difficulty logging in or have a question, write to email@example.com
Click on 4S Covid-19 Training Self-Registration Instructions to download the PDF of the instruction manual.
2) COVID-19 Monitoring Tools
We are helping businesses through our COVID-19 monitoring tools such as:
- Daily site access
- Contact tracing
- Daily sanitation
CLICK HERE to know more
How is 4S supporting employers with classroom training requirements with distance learning and blended options?
4S Consulting has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation in Ontario. Both the federal and provincial governments are making significant interventions in response to COVID-19 and these changes are in turn forcing businesses to rapidly adjust while trying to navigate the resulting financial and operational challenges.
4S Consulting is here to help.
We understand the importance of health and safety training for businesses during this time, especially when businesses are forced to run lean operations and having trained and skilled personnel is of utmost importance for business continuity.
To support businesses in this regard, 4S Consulting has commenced classroom training thanks to the persistent hard work & efforts of our 4S team from April 24, 2020.
CLICK HERE to book your session or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our first training was conducted successfully ensuring full safety if our trainer and the participants.
We have implemented several new preventive measures to safeguard participants during classroom sessions including:
- Reduced class sizes to maintain 2 metres between participants
- Guided equipment training without direct contact with other participants or the instructor
- Increased access to hand hygiene
- Administering health screening questionnaires prior to starting the training
- Following strict protocols on frequent cleaning and disinfection.
CLICK HERE to read more about our distance learning and blended training options under COVID-19.
JHSC Certification Training Update
CPO amends the JHSC Training Standard Effective May 01, 2020:
Option to deliver Part One training through eLearning
- The minimum time for Part One eLearning training is 13 hours (two days).
- Training providers who deliver eLearning must also deliver face-to-face training for both Part One and Part Two.
- Training providers who do not yet deliver face-to-face training can apply for Chief Prevention Officer approval to deliver both eLearning and face-to-face training.
Changes to Part Two timelines
- After completing Part One, learners now have up to 12 months to complete Part Two. Learners who do not complete Part Two within 12 months are not allowed to take Refresher training. They will need to take Part One again.
- Learners who completed Part One within the 6 months before May 1 2020 now have an additional 6 months to complete Part Two.
- Providers are responsible for updating their training program materials to ensure learners are aware of the changes to the timelines.
Click Here to read more on the CPO’s update.
4S Consulting is working actively with the Ontario Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development (MOL) to get an approval for delivering JHSC certification training sessions through distance learning. Until then, we have suspended all JHSC training sessions.
Stay tuned for our updates in this regard!
What 4S is doing to support essential services?
Many of our clients are part of the recently amended Essential Services List. There are many other businesses who are part of the essential services list as well. At this time, we would like to inform you that we remain operational to support you remotely with your Health & Safety Program requirements during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 4S COVID-19 awareness online training for employers and employees
- 4S COVID-19 awareness for employers at construction sites based on the Chief Prevention Officer’s guide issued on Mar 29, 2020
- Over 80 online awareness based trainings including the 4 mandatory trainings in Ontario.
- Remote support from 4S staff through Go-To meetings, teleconferencing, and emails to help you protect your employees
- Regular updates through COVID-19 InfoBulletins