In Ontario, companies with 20 or more workers are required to form a Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) with a minimum of 2 members. The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) requires that at least two members of the JHSC (one representing workers and one representing persons who exercise managerial functions) be certified.
HOW TO BECOME A JHSC CERTIFIED MEMBER:
In order to be certified, a person must complete Part 1 and Part 2 of a CPO-Approved JHSC Certification Training Program.
- Complete JHSC Part 1: Basic Certification Training (3 days in-person / virtual OR 15 hours e-Learning)
- Complete JHSC Part 2: Workplace-Specific Hazard Training (2 days in-person/virtual)
A one-day Refresher Training is required every three (3) years to maintain Certification.
4S CONSULTING SERVICES – A CPO-APPROVED TRAINING PROVIDER
4S Consulting Services is CPO-Approved Training Provider that has proudly certified thousands of JHSC Members across Ontario. Our JHSC Certification Program is approved for delivery on various platforms – in-class, online* and virtual – so that we can provide you the options to get the Certification you need and the flexibility you want.
*NEW! We are excited to announce that we are the first private Training Provider in Ontario to launch JHSC Part One e-Learning. Take advantage of our Introductory Bundle Pricing below today!
PROGRAM DELIVERY METHODS
1. Virtual Learning: With virtual training, our experienced instructors deliver the training live, online on pre-scheduled training dates in virtual classrooms. You will experience all the benefits of traditional classroom training but with added flexibility and convenience. So, whether you live in Sudbury, Kingston, Toronto or Windsor, you can obtain your JHSC Certification without ever leaving your home or workplace.
To attend our virtual classrooms, you will need:
- Computer with reliable Internet access
- Quiet learning space
- Headset / microphone / speakers
2. *NEW!* Online Learning: We are excited to announce that we are the first private Training Provider in Ontario to launch JHSC Part One online (e-Learning) training! By enrolling in our e-Learning module, you can now complete your JHSC Part One 3-day Training in just 15 hours, all on your own time from any location. Our e-Learning module is self-paced, which means you have full flexibility to start, pause, rewind, review and continue the Part One training at your convenience. Our eLearning Training is AODA-compliant.
To take our e-Learning Part One training, you will need a device (computer or tablet) with reliable Internet access. To facilitate learning continuity, eLearning training must be completed within a maximum of 30 days.
3. In-class Learning: As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve, our in-person classroom training will remain cancelled until further notice.
READY TO GET CERTIFIED? REGISTER BELOW!