Basics of Supervision
June 7 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$475
This training by 4S Consulting focuses on helping supervisors integrate safety into their environment. What’s more, it helps them do it without compromising their performance goals.
In Ontario, supervisors have legal responsibilities under the Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Act. According to the Act, supervisors need to provide a safe work environment to all workers. Furthermore, they require to direct workers to perform work safely.
Employers need to hire competent supervisors. Moreover, they need to provide them with the resources to create and maintain a safe working environment. This is in addition to meeting their productivity and quality goals for their business.
Basics of Supervision training will help you effectively integrate safety into your work environment. Moreover, this training meets requirements for basic Occupational Health and Safety awareness training for workers and supervisors. Furthermore, the OHS Act outlines the requirement for Awareness and Training under regulation (O. Reg. 297/13, s.1-4).
As an employer, it is crucial for you to understand the course objectives and who this course is meant for. The following points outline course objectives and target audience. Moreover, they will help you take a well-informed decision for training your supervisors.
- Understand the Internal Responsibility System (IRS) and use it to create a safe working environment.
- Know your responsibilities under the law (ignorance of the law is not a valid reason) and exercise due diligence.
- Be able to navigate the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Know the rights and responsibilities of all workplace parties and apply it to resolve situations that arise at work.
- Gain a basic understanding of different leadership styles use the appropriate style under the different circumstances.
- Being prepared to react in an emergency situation and successfully complete an incident investigation.
- The ability to how to conduct a proper hazard assessment.
- Apply the principles and processes to promote a safety culture at work.
- Understanding accident trends, high risk groups to effectively mitigate the risk with these areas.
Who is this meant for?
- Supervisors at workplace, in industries such as Construction, Industrial organizations and others.
- Managers at workplace that are responsible for workplace health and safety.
What are the pre-requisites for this course?
There are no pre-requisites for this course. However, this course is ideal for those in supervisory roles. Moreover, in construction businesses pursuing COR certification, this course takes care of the requirement of one of the COR elements.
Booking process and details:
Following is the process for booking for a public session.
- Book your slot using the tickets below. Details regarding the booking will be sent to you once we have received your information.
- 2 days – 8 hours per day
- Currently delivered virtually
- For group bookings and other queries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 905-532-1488