What is COVID-19?
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) is an illness caused by a Coronavirus. Human coronaviruses are common and are associated with mild illnesses similar to cold and flu.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Symptoms may be very mild or more serious. They may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure to the virus. Some of the symptoms include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
How does it spread?
Coronaviruses are most commonly spread from an infected person through:
- Respiratory droplets when someone coughs or sneezes
- Close personal contact, which include shaking hands and touching other people
- Touching an object with the virus on it, and then, touching your eye, nose, or mouth before you wash your hands
These viruses are not known to spread through ventilation system or water.
How do you prevent it from spreading?
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with sick or ill people
- When you cough or sneeze:
- Cover your mouth and nose with your arm or tissues to reduce the spreading of germs
- Immediately dispose off the used tissues and wash your hands
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that you frequently touch. These could include doorknobs, electronic devices, toys, etc
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or unwell to avoid spreading the illness to others
As a Health & Safety Consultant, 4S is here to support its clients, partners, and businesses in fighting COVID-19.
If you need any kind of help, please call us on (905) 532-1488 or email us on email@example.com
CLICK HERE for COVID-19 Online Awareness Training for Employers & Employees.
CLICK HERE to read more on COVID-19
For more information on coronavirus, please visit: canada.ca/coronavirus